Want to get to know the cast of Nice Girl better? We certainly did. This week we chat with Tony Award nominee Nick Cordero. You might’ve seen Nick recently in Brooklynite at Vineyard Theater or on Broadway in Bullets Over Broadway. Want to find out more? Keep reading below.
1. When did you realize you wanted to be an actor?
When I was eight, some friends and I staged a school air band performance of “Nightmare On My Street” by Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff. The rest is history.
2. What’s one piece of advice you’ve received during your career that’s really stuck with you?
Fail and fail and fail again. But fail better.
3. In Nice Girl you play Donny, an old high school acquaintance who strikes up an unexpected flirtation with Josephine. What are you most looking forward to in terms of bringing this character to life?
4. Nice Girl is set in 1984. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about the eighties?
5. Speaking of the 1980s, that decade was an amazing if occasionally eccentric time in music. Any guilty pleasures?
Michael Jackson all day. Guilt free.